Last updated November 2023
We collect information that you provide to us directly, such as when you create an account, place an order, or contact us for support. This may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and payment information. We may also collect information automatically through cookies and other tracking technologies to enhance your user experience.
Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an Account, requesting information about the Services, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Payment Information. When you purchase our products through the Services, you will need to provide us certain information that can be used to identify you in order for us to deliver the products to you. Such information includes, without limitation, your email address, delivery details such as your first and last name, phone number, physical address, and payment details such as your credit card number and billing address (collectively, “Payment Information”). Other than the last four digits of the credit card you use to purchase our products, Payment Information will not be stored by us and will be accessed and processed by third-party payment processors as described in more detail below.
- Account Information. You do not need to create an Account in order to use our Services or purchase our products. However, if you would like to receive a subscription to our products or, in some circumstances when you would like to become a wholesale customer of our products, you will need to create an Account. If you create an Account, in addition to some of the Payment Information described above, we may collect additional information from you. We may store such information that you provide us in relation to your Account on the Services.
- Communications with Us. We may collect and store Personal Information from you such as your first and last name, email address, and the content of any message you send us when you choose to request information about our Services, request to receive customer or technical support, provide feedback about our products or Services, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, IMEI, MAC address, cookie identifiers, and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with Accounts and other devices.
Use of Information
The information we collect is used for various purposes, including:
- Processing and fulfilling orders
- Providing customer service and support
- Improving our website and product offerings
- Sending promotional communications, if opted in
- Conducting market research and analysis
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in Individual’s devices to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, some features of the Services may not work properly.
- Analytics Service Providers. We may use analytics service providers to collect information regarding Individual behavior, Individual demographics, and how Individuals engage with our Services. We use this information to help determine how to improve our Services, gauge user experience and respond to changes in our Services, to develop content, and for internal research purposes. The analytics service providers we use include:
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google Inc., to gather information about how users engage with our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services that are required to identify irregular Services behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functions such as shopping-carts or similar functions;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our Individuals use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
Third Party Websites, Social Media Platforms, and Software Development Kits
Our Services, including certain journals and newsletters published in our Services, may reference or link to other websites. In addition, other websites may reference or link to our Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us. By visiting such websites, you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by Third Parties for any number of purposes. In addition, our Services may also contain links to various social media platforms. If you already use these social media platforms, their cookies may be set on your computer or device when using the Services. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications.
We may use third party software development kits (“SDKs”) or application program interfaces (“APIs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. APIs and SDKs may allow third parties, including advertisers, to collect your Personal Information to provide content that is more relevant to you.
Onward Transfer – We May Disclose Your Information
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share information we receive from you with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Services. Some examples of third-party service providers who have access to your information include Woo commerce.
- Business Partners. We may share Personal Information with our business partners or affiliates with whom we jointly offer products or Services or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours. We require our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which we provided them.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures).We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other Account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) enforce our policies or contracts; (v) collect amounts owed to us; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we believe that disclosure of your Personal Information is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- Merger Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
- International Data Transfers. You agree that all Personal Information collected via or by us may be transferred, Processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to the United States and the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers in order to provide the Services. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request.
Opt-Out (Right to Object to Processing)
- General: You have the right to object to and opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to our Processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further Processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Services and/or information from the advertisements on third party websites for other legal purposes as described above.
Security of Your Information
By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
The Services are not available to children under 13 (or, in some jurisdiction, such other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children.
California Privacy Rights